Magnifico

Press

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fun Fun fun Review By Valient Himself!

Alahoyus, everyone.  This is Valient Himself.  I just got back from Texas, and I had such a blast, I thought I'd share my experience with you. ... 

As I slugged the Tecate, and cursed those damn pickle men on level 3 of Burgertime, I heard some band start to play a Queen cover in the background.  I thought it was like the sound dudes testing out the sound, but when they finished and went directly into "Death on 2 Legs", I realized this was a Queen cover band.  I didn't remember reading anything about it, but fuck it, maybe it was a local opener, it was still early.  As I walked down to check them out, they unloaded hit after hit, jam after jam, and dare I say one of the best sets of the whole festival.  The band was called Magnifico, and they WERE local.  I had to look down at my beer and remind myself that I had only had that one, but I was singing my ass off, as this dude pranced around in his purple unitard. Classic shit.  They finished with "Under Pressure" into "Bohemian Rhapsody", and I was blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment